My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Romance!

I have been a little excited for Valentines Day this year. It is my first V-day with my wonderful husband, as well as the kick-off day for reading break!! Ry has decided to book off time so he also has the week off with me! This is the first time we will have more then 2 days off together by ourselves since our honey-moon!!

This year, Ry has told me to pick 2 things that I would like to do during our week vacation, but when he told me going to Florida and Charleston was a little far fetched, I had to reconsider (hehe!) I know one of the things I want to do it go to IKEA... I never get to go, and LOOVE that store!! I havn't decided on the second (it may be a few tips to the tanning salon)!

Also, Ry insisted he plan Valentines Day all by himself. I have NO idea what is happening, but he is very romantic, so I am sure it will be something adorable! Last year he took me out to Boston Pizza for heart-shaped Zorba pizza (mmm) and surprised me with chocolate, a stuffy & a copy of Sleepless in Seattle for us to watch. It was perfect!!

More then the chocolates and sappy movies, I just want to RELAX. January, for us, has been a bit chaotic and stressful (to put it lightly). I think it's safe to say January is a stressful month for many people, but for us this year it was a struggle -- so I have been praying for the Lord to lift the slummi-ness, the financial stress, educational pressure, work-related stress - and of course, to create a schedule that never has us apart!!

I started praying about this around mid-January, it's when I noticed my attitude change and my day-to-day outlook get stormy. I just would joke and blame the weather -- but God was working on my heart and I didn't even realize it.

Even though January ended with a big bang (was that a pun??) ---- He has really delivered me from some sad places in my soul and brightened my spirit for the rest ot 2009!

Today I woke up and actually told Ry "I don't care WHAT happens to me today --- nothing can shake me, I will make sure this is a great day for me!!"

God has been AMAZING. I have had 2 VERY stressful burdens taken care of, and in my favour. God is so GOOD!!!
Not to mention, has anybody looked outside? SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!

And... a much-needed week off for my husband & I in 13 days, I don't need sandy beaches & +25 to feel relaxed & refreshed (though I would NOT turn away from it!) I need my God, my husband, and MAYBE a chocolate or two. :)


OH... and while I am spewing out my blessings --- I am 1 month & 2 days coffee free!!!

2 comments:

Shari said...

No Coffee - no wonder your year thus far has been challenging - just kidding!

Sleepless In Seattle was our traditional Valentine's movie. For probably 5 years - we would put the kids to bed early and have a special dinner and then watch this movie. Kev would always spot at a local restaurant and pick up my favorite dessert. All great memories.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have learned lots in one short month!!! This makes you extra rich and blessed.
I know my Alyssa is also looking forward to reading week, to get a bit a break from the pressures of school.