My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh my... Now it's February!


I really cannot believe that today it is February 13th. WHERE has the time gone? My previous post was in August. I guess this is what being a Mom does, it enables months and months to pass by without any recognition. WOW. Here I am, sipping a morning coffee while my family sleeps. AHHHHHH............... peace and quiet. I have not woken up before my daughter in quite a few months. She is finally learning the meaning of nighttime sleep -- and Mommy is SO thankful.

In the past week or so... Ava has begun to sleep through the night (with one night bottle), and my B.A. is coming to a close. I complete my LAST exam for Trent U on Tuesday evening. YIPPEE!! Now I can start to remember what free time is! I can blog! I can read books of my choosing! What an amazing feeling, what a sigh of relief. It is wonderful to be a Mommy, but my goodness - it is all of my time. And until the last week or so, ANY spare moments I had... was devoted to University. I am anxious to frame that piece of paper so I can curse it for the rest of my life, how dare Trent take away 5 of my years? AHH! haha!! Anyways...

I am reading a fantastic book that my hubby brought back for me when he was away at a retreat - it is titled "What Every Mom Needs". I am really enjoying reading a book that is not fiction (although I LOVE fiction), it is teaching me a lot about my own passions and dreams beyond my regular duties of being a wife, mother, and career-driven woman. There is a little blurb that I love, it is how the authors open the text:


Myself.
My temper and impatience.
How tired I feel.
How much I love my child.
That I could love a second child... then a third...as much as my first.
That while I love my child, some days I don't like her.
How I can't wait to get away from my child, and then when I do, how much I miss her.
How being a mom brings out the best and worst in me.
Some things I say to my child that I vowed I would never say.
How many times her nose needs to be wiped.
How long a day can be.
How quickly she changes from stage to stage.
How much more I appreciate my own mother.
How much more I understand God's love for me.
How wonderful it is to be called "Mommy."

No comments: