My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Friday, August 13, 2010

This Morning

Outside my window: is a pile of burnables from my week-long purge obsession

I am thinking: about how cute my baby girl is when she naps on her tummy, and the hour it took me to settle her down this morning was well worthwhile because now I cannot stop staring at her!!

I am thankful for: my husband who did the night shift last night, and ended up being up all night long. I am thankful that he is so calm and cool with Ava, that he actually enjoys her fussy times -- and has adapted so easily to Daddy-hood. I love him dearly, and never imagined adoring him more, but everyday I watch him with Ava I am amazed by him.

From the kitchen: is a steaming pot of coffee that I am slowly nursing. MMMMM.. Also, I have a pile of cookbooks I am searching through to find new healthy & delicious recipes!

I am wearing: PJ's, because with an infant, there is no set daytime & nighttime. My day does not usually begin until noon -- and it's much easier to clean, cook, & take care of a baby in comfies :)

I am creating: a space in our little homes that is functional, but also ours. We are downsizing our 'stuff' so it is a task pitching & re-organizing. But once the initial pain of throwing away subsides, it feels pretty darn great!

I am going: constantly. All the time. Never-ending. In fact, I feel as though I have been living out of a suitcase for about 4 years now. I don't know what it feels like to be at one place for more than 10 days. Oh life!

I am reading: 'The Colour Purple'. It's heartbreaking. I am also reading Hebrews.

I am hoping: for a wonderful and less stressful autumn & winter. Life has become a roller coaster and my husband and I are working to come afloat. We are both SO excited for the joys that parenthood will bring us in the near future, but we need to also figure out careers, a home, a second vehicle, school etc etc!!! It's tough - but I am happy I get to venture this journey with my best friend! Hoping for peace of mind, discipline & many moments that make me forget the heaviness life presents.

I am hearing: Paul Brandt, he is coming to the Shawville Fair in September, so I am brushing up on his songs so I can belt them with my sister!!! Also I have been watching alot of Mary Tyler Moore on Comedy Gold, loving the old sitcoms this week!!

Around the house: there is lots that needs to be tidied, laundry to be done, dishes to be washed -- but it can wait :)

One of my favourite things: is the little things my husband does for me. Last night it was 2 hours of any tv I wanted (we needed something that did not require thinking from purging, organizing & cleaning all day long) with a wonderful spread of chocolate fondue :) It was so yummy... and great to cuddle with Ry & Ava! I am the luckiest lady on the planet.

A few plans for the next week: next week I plan on spending some time exercising everyday, soaking up every moment with my daughter, & looking for employment. Found a great opportunity for a job that will really get us ahead financially so I am pursuing that!! Also one of my good friends is going to have her baby this week -- hopefully!!!!

A photo for thought:


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey jenna it's danni! I feel so out of touch with you, that reading your blog makes feel better because I know you're enjoying life and parenthood and yet sad that I've become so out of touch! I miss you, and I am so glad you are doing so well! Sounds much easier than our first six weeks with Eli...boy were we exhausted! ava is gorgeous! Love you