My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blondes DO have more fun

I have to tell this story. Not because I am proud... or because anybody else will find it funny, but because I STILL laugh at it. So, here it is! Blonde moment that is in running for the trophy.

Most of my classes are internet-based; meaning I submit all my assignments, write some exams, and have all my documents (syllabus, lecture notes etc etc) online.
I am ALMOST always good at submitting things online -- being a girl that grew up with 3 TV channels, no internet until I was 15 & it was crappy dial-up at that, I am proud of my new found computer skills (for both Mac & PC whoo!!).

But.. this one time... I goofed.

It was for my Shakespeare 3150 course, a great class, and AMAZING prof. We get along pretty well, and he is vaguely aware of my "Witty" moments, as he likes to call them. We had an essay that was due December 3rd, or January 6th. If we handed it in Dec 3 instead of Jan 6 we had a chance to re-write it if we felt needed. I took advantage of this, not knowing his marking technique or my ability to take Shakespeare on.

I did OKAY -- a B, but I still wanted to bring it up if I could, so... on Jan 5th I submitted my re-write.

Monday, I got an e-mail from my Prof that went a bit like this:

"Unless you are applying to BE Juliet, you may want to re-think your re-write. As impressive as your RESUME is, I think you sent me the wrong paper. Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, I am not hiring."

I SUBMITTED MY RESUME INSTEAD OF MY ESSAY.

WHOOOOOOOO DOES THIS??????

I was at school when I read it, and knowing my Prof, he likely had a good laugh and made fun of me in his other classes. It took everything in me not to burst out laughing in a silent room. I e-mailed him to ask if he would still take my paper -- even though it's 2 weeks late.

He said he would as long as I sent the "ACTUAL paper & have permission to tease you in class on Friday." I said, OKAY!!!

He bumped my mark to an A.... YAAAY!!! And he says my "Witty moment" made him laugh so much it worked in my favor.


See... being blonde has its benefits!!!

5 comments:

Shari said...

Oh Jenna! Im literally in tears I am laughing so hard. I flippin love you!

Shaun and Holly said...

classic! One to always remember and be proud off! heehee :)

Rhonda said...

That is wonderful!!!!! Congratulations on your A.

Heather said...

That's amazing!!! I love hearing stories like that!!!

Shari said...

Jenna you fit right into our family... you know how to laugh at yourself!