My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Wonderful Week!

So, to go along with Shari's most recent post -- 2009 has also been a great fresh start for me!
I will admit, coming back to Peterborough, away from my families & familiar places was hard for me. It always is, but I know God has purpose for me here, and I accept that with love and determination. Now, how determined are we to stay here?

Ry got up for work today at 5am --- and he drove to work, in -27 degrees -- BEFORE THE WINDCHILL. YIIIIIKES!!! Trent faculty have sent a mass e-mail giving tips on how to stay warm because most older homes (where the student rent from) do not have heatings that will sustain -25. So... how 'bout that?

I also have been battling an illness I am not sure of (we have had some health coverage issues so I am trying to be a trooper) but it has had me in bed for the past 3-4 days. So, prayers for that would be great! I am sure it will pass - but nobody likes being sick.

OK - that is NOT what is so good about 2009 for us!! HAHA!! My point was that we are enjoying this new year DESPITE our new level os dislike for winter & the city of hills and bad drivers, and my new found sickness because of the 25 minute walks to the bus and from everyday in -21 (I'm not bitter... am I?)

- I need to start with my favourite part of 2009 so far. Ry told me on new Years Eve that he has a New Years resolution in mind, but that he wouldn't tell me. This drove me crazy because I am not good about having secret information with my husband. BUT.. I figured it had to be in my favour or he wouldn't be saying it right?
This is what I have notived:

- He has made the bed 3 times since January 1st --- WHOO HOO!! No I did not pry or ask, I never do because I know it is my obsession - not his. But, 2 days a week I leave the house before he is awake, so... I came home to a perfectly made bed! I was floored!!!

- Ry had been Mr. Fix it since we have been back in the house. He has fixed my closet by putting a curtain in front of it (to hide my insane amounts of clothes), fixed 2 light switched that had been out for 3 monthes, took down the Christmas decorations and moved them all to the garage, has not let me snow shovel when he's home (before Christmas I was the only one that shovelled and I live in the same building as 3 VERY capable men), insatlled a DVD player & Tv in the bedroom HORRAY, installed our new printer, put up new fixings on the walls and taken down others (at my dictation), assembled my new elliptical (that I LOVE)... this took him a looong time, and offered to do laundry (but I didn't let him).

- Last week-end my brother came to visit & Ry was wonderful with him, as well as offering to help out with meals and clean up. I left for school on Monday with a tornado running through my house of bowls, cups, candy wrappers, popsocle sticks, shrimp (I know), pillows, socks and well... Shari knows what it looks like after a few hours of XBox. I come home at 2:30 - to a SPOTLESS HOUSE. Dishes done, bed made, futon back in place, .. get this... he even DUSTED the tables.

- Monday night he asked me if I wantedot go on a date night (this will be our 2nd date night since Jan 1st). I was surprised because Ry is much better at saving money then me, but his charm had me right away! We had planned to go see the Clint Eastwood movie (hay.. maybe he tricked me into going to see that movie?) He came home yesterday with 12 white roses, and offered to make dinner (awwwww). He made me my favourite meal, balsamic chicken salad. It was YUMMY!!! And I wish I could have not been sick because it would have tasted so muh better! Anyways.. we went to the movies and it was OK for me, but he rates it his top 3, so I was so ecited for him.
In fact, he called Colin the second he got in the door and raved and raved about it.

- He has called me everyday on his way home from work so I know when to expect him.

- The man who HATES texting has sent me 3 lovey dovey gushy texts in the past week while I was at school. They each made my day.

-I am married to a true prince, he never lets a day go by without telling me he loves me and I am his princess.

Ok, so this was supppsed to be #1 out of a list of amazing aspects of '09.. but I think I have already typed enough to be multiple blogs. So, I will have to update later.


Back to bed with my NeoCitran --- YUUUUCK!!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! What a great start to the New Year. You are blessed with a good man and he you.
Hope you feel better soon.Praying for a fast recovery of whatever is ailing you.

Shari said...

Jenna,
This is not just a New Year's Resolution... this is the result of a miracle... or someone who has just set their mind to something positive!

Hope you're feeling better - is your throat sore? Most infections are treated by penocillin which is not at all expensive - usually under 15 dollars!
I'm be praying for you.