My photo
Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ok, so... I read quite a bit.
Maybe a lot.
Well...lets just say I read on average 4 novels per week.
Sometimes, being an English major is draining, and boring, and it strips me of any "me" time, or time with my husband.
There are moments when I wish I was not in school, I have even dodged the idea of dropping out to see what the world is all about (my books keep me in about 1405... or around there).
Then, there are times when I come across these:
(Yes, I keep a notepad with quotes from authors I study... & yes, I know it's geeky).

Where beams of imagination play,The memory's soft figures melt away. - Alexander Pope.

Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose--a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. - Mary Shelley

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense. - Robert Frost.

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. - William Shakespeare.

-- Here are a few to bring in a new week :)

2 comments:

Shari said...

Kev loves quotes - as do I!
Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.
We're very proud of you!

Roxanne said...

I also love quotes and occasionally record them too.